The Symbiosis National Aptitude (SNAP) is a national-level management entrance examination conducted by the Symbiosis International University (SIU) for admissions into their full time MBA as well as other post graduate level programmes. SNAP 2015 is one of the major MBA entrance examinations held in the country and is the only gateway for admission into SIU and its various affiliated schools. SNAP 2015 exam will be held on Sunday, December 20. The registrations will commence on the official website from August 24, 2015 and the last date for late registration is Tuesday, November 24, 2015.
Through SNAP 2015, students are eligible for admission in 13 institutes under the SIU. The exam is conducted online across various centers in the country. The time duration for the exam is 120 minutes. The paper comprises four sections:
|Sr. No||SECTIONS||Total Marks|
|1||General English: Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Verbal Ability||
|2||Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency||40|
|3||General Awareness: General Knowledge, Current Affairs, Business Scenario||40|
|4||Analytical & Logical Reasoning||60|
A student is shortlisted on the basis of his or her performance and scores calculated at each section and overall. To apply for the exam, candidates need to be graduates in any discipline with at least 50 % marks from recognised university or institute (45% for SC/ST candidates). Final year students are also eligible to apply. One question carries one mark. Once the student clears the exam, he or she is shortlisted for the next round of selection process, i.e. Group Discussion & Personal Interview. Click here to check the SNAP 2015 test pattern and syllabus.
The SNAP 2015 exam is considered as one of the most prestigious MBA entrance tests. (Click here to read about the notification for the NMAT 2015 exam)
Registration Guide for SNAP 2105
- Register online at the official website of SNAP 2015 exam by entering your details and click on the submit button.
- In the next step, you will be directed to the terms and conditions and guidelines to fill the form. Read the instructions carefully and then click on ‘I agree’.
- You will see an application form where you need to fill the required details carefully. Select the institutes you are interested for admissions.
- Upload a recent passport size photograph.
- Create a password and save for future references.
- Pay your application fee by clicking on ‘make payment’. The SNAP 2015 test fee is Rs 1500 (subject to change). The test fee can be paid till November 27, 2015.
Tips to Crack the SNAP 2015
- Start preparing with the subject you are least comfortable with. Don’t leave it for the last moment. Strengthen basic concepts and formulae beforehand. Last minute preparation creates confusion.
- Strategize your preparation. There’s no end to preparing for the exam. So plan how you are going to go about it.
- Go through standard study material which is easily available and can help you prepare easily.
- Try solving as many mock tests and previous years’ question papers as you can. Religiously spend at least 3 hours to do so.
- Before going for mock tests, solve the difficult portions from various other books.
- SNAP 2015 or for that matter most competitive exams are all about accuracy and speed. So set up a timer while practicing questions and solving sample papers. This will help you in building your speed.
- Always avoid random guesses. That will get you nowhere.
- Learn short-cuts or tricks to solve questions, especially while solving quantitative problems.
- To memorize important formulae or facts, write them down on a piece of paper and stick in on a wall of your study room.
- When on the revision stage, practice only those portions which you find tough.
- Take feedback from people who have given SNAP before. Follow blogs or threads on SNAP 2015. Connect with students who are also preparing for the exam.
- When writing the exam, start with a section you are confident in. Don’t get de-motivated by solving the harder section.
- Don’t think about the rest of the question paper while you’re solving a question. Be focused.
- Each section is timed separately and has to be solved within the allotted time period. If you happen to complete a section before time, the extra time can’t be used to attempt the next section. So choose the right order.
- Attempt all questions.
On the examination day:
- Reach the exam centre well before on time.
- Don’t forget to carry your admit card.
- Even though it is an online exam, keep sufficient stationery to do rough work.
- Read the question properly before solving it.
- Lastly, don’t be stressed and keep calm.