The SNAP 2015 will be conducted by the Symbiosis International University, one of the premier universities of India, for admissions into their full time MBA programmes, among a host of post-graduation programmes. The SNAP is one of the major MBA entrance examinations held in the country and is the only gateway for admission into participant institutes of the Symbiosis International University. In addition, the scores of SNAP 2015 will be accepted by institutes like Symbiosis Institute of Mass Communication, Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Symbiosis Institute of Design, and many more. The SNAP 2015 exam will be held on December 20, 2015. The students can registration window for the programme closed on November 30, 2015.
Through SNAP 2015, students are also eligible for admission in SIU’s constituent institutes in Pune, Bengaluru, and Hyderabad. The exam is conducted online across various centres in the country. The time duration for the exam is 120 minutes. The paper comprises four sections:
|General English: RC, VR, and VA||40|
|Quantitative Data Interpretation||40|
|General Awareness: GK, CA, and Business||40|
|Analytical and logical Reasoning||60|
A student is shortlisted based on his or her performance and scores calculated at each section and overall. One question carries one mark and there is no negative marking in the exam. The exam will be held on December 20 across the country in one exam slot between 2PM and 4PM. Once the student clears the exam, he or she is shortlisted for the next round of selection process, i.e. Group Discussion & Personal Interview.
The SNAP 2015 exam is considered as one of the most prestigious MBA entrance tests. (Click here to check SNAP Test Pattern.)
Note: Check out this link for more information.
Tips to Crack the SNAP 2015
- First, strategize your preparation. There is no end to preparing for the exam. So plan how you are going to go about it.
- You should start preparing with the subject you are least comfortable. Do not leave it for the last moment. Strengthen basic concepts and formulae beforehand. Last minute preparation creates confusion.
- Go through standard study material, which is easily available and can help you prepare easily.
- Before going for mock tests, solve the difficult portions from various other books.
- Try solving as many mock tests and previous years’ question papers as you can. Religiously spend at least 3 hours to do so.
- SNAP is all about accuracy and speed. So set up a timer while practicing questions and solving sample papers. This will help you in building your speed.
- Learn short cuts or tricks to solve questions, especially while solving quantitative problems.
- Always avoid random guesses. That will get you nowhere.
- To memorize important formulae or facts, write them down on a piece of paper and stick in on a wall of your study room.
- When on the revision stage, practice only those portions, which you find tough.
- Take feedback from people who have given the test before. Follow blogs or threads on SNAP. Connect with students who are also preparing for the exam.
- When writing the exam, start with a section you are confident. Do not get de-motivated by solving the harder section.
- Do not think about the rest of the question paper while you are solving a question. Be focused.
- Each section is timed separately and has to be solved within the allotted time. If you happen to complete a section before time, the extra time cannot be used to attempt the next section. So choose the right order.
- Attempt all questions.
On the examination day:
- Reach the exam centre well before on time.
- Don’t forget to carry your admit card.
- Even though it is an online exam, keep sufficient stationery to do rough work.
- Read the question properly before solving it.
- Lastly, do not be stressed and keep calm.